The story of a French guy and his lovely Belgian wife gone to Barcelona to get the IESE MBA.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Mayday! Mayday! We are sinking!

2 weeks without writing... It's getting embarassing!
The least I can say, it's that the year has really started.
3 cases a day, it doesn't seem that long, but it is, believe me. Each case can take from 1 to 4 hours.
So a day in my life, right now, is quite simple. I wake up at 7, have my team meeting from 8:15 to 9:15, then two classes in the morning and one in the afternoon.
I am actualy lucky because I don't have spanish anymore. So I go back home, and I start doing my case studies, until more or less midnight.
Not much time to do anything else. Anyway, this is what I wanted, so I'm not going to complain now! Overall, the courses are very interesting and I'm learning a lot.

Last week, we went to London for the investment banks tour. We saw the eight main ones and it was very interesting, at least to learn more about that job and that industry in general.
"Only" 100 students had made the trip and sometimes it was quite funny to see this big group going from one bank to another in herd. The guys from Citigroup gave each of us a red umbrella (it's their logo). You must imagine 100 people in suits, all with a red umbrella whereas the weather was... a perfect clear blue sky. Quite unique.


This is a how it looked... (thanks Theresa for the picture).

This week-end, I'm going back to Brussels,and I'm really glad because I miss you guys a lot.
All right, it's time for me to get some sleep.
I hope I will be able to write again soon, but now I stop doing promises... See you all soon.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What are you sinking about?

1:23 PM

 
Blogger Varun Gautam said...

well francois... mid terms 've finished.. whatever the case... its allover and i m back with vigour with net at home ..hope to be in touch with you..

11:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home