The story of a French guy and his lovely Belgian wife gone to Barcelona to get the IESE MBA.

Saturday, September 16, 2006

A tough week for spanish trees

After a nice week-end spent on the beach, things went really bad in Barcelona on Tuesday.
Strong storms and heavy rains like Spain hadn't experienced in the last 40 years. Houses with water up to 1.7 meter, lots of roofs destroyed by lightning (and I know very well how it is since it happened to us in Belgium last year...), and even a real tornado! Chaos in Spain!

I was beginning to think that it would never rain here. Well, at least now I know it happens sometimes...

Otherwise, things are getting much better now as you can see on that picture of IESE's emblematic building taken on Thursday. My Spanish is improving slowly but surely and I'm taking the test next Friday. Wish me luck!
Next Monday, we start the pre-courses in Financial Acounting and some kind of Analysis Fundamentals, and the year really kicks off on the 26th.

From the 11th to the 14th of October, I am flying to London for the investment banking tour. We will visit the 10 biggest I-banks and probably drink a lot of beer at night! Although I didn't consider investment banking as a potential outcome of my MBA, I want to get a better understanding of these jobs that I don't really know in depth. We'll see.

I'm still waiting to get my NIE (foreigner ID) number in order to buy my scooter. I will probably need to wait 2 or 3 more weeks.
The good news for that blog is that we will have the Internet at home from next Wednesday onwards, so that I will have much more time to write.

I wanted to finish by a "thank you" for writing me these nice e-mails. I really appreciate, even if I am sometimes very long to reply because of the fact that I don't have Internet at home. Keep writing, and do not hesitate to leave comments on that blog if you wish (whether I know you personally or not).

All right, I wish you al a very nice week-end. Talk to you soon. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home