The story of a French guy and his lovely Belgian wife gone to Barcelona to get the IESE MBA.

Monday, August 28, 2006

I hate farewells

We're gone. After one week of celebration, with dinners every night and nice events with our friends, we had to say goodbye. I also had to leave my colleagues at Sony on Friday. Goodbyes are not cool. Goodbyes suck. When you say goodbye to someone, you never really know if you will see him or her ever again. That thought has always scared me. So I try not to think about it too much.
In 2 years time in Belgium, I've made myself some pretty good friends. I never thought it would be so easy to build friendships in Brussels.
And I never thought it would be so hard to leave that city.
But 2 things are cheering me up. First, most of my friends will still be there in 2 years. Second, if I enjoyed life in Brussels, I should have no problem in Barcelona...

Anyway, this is not the first time I'm leaving a place for a long time and I'm becoming used to these feelings. It will last a few weeks and will fade away. I will still miss my friends but I will have my new life here. And in the end, going out of your comfort zone is what contributes to make you grow every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home