The story of a French guy and his lovely Belgian wife gone to Barcelona to get the IESE MBA.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

First impressions

After 3 days in Barcelona and my first two days of school, it's time for the first impressions!

In one word, AWESOME! We're starting with 1 month of intensive business spanish courses.
So we do nothing but spanish, 7 hours a day, 5.5 days a week. That's great because I haven't spoken spanish for 4 years and I've lost a lot. I was very lucky on the level test and so I've ended up in the best class. That's a big challenge because the other guys are much better than me. I guess I will learn quicker this way, I just try not to be a pain for the others.
It's fantastic to meet people from so many different countries. Last night we had a party and it was really cool to see that all the other students were very outgoing, open minded and have so much to teach you, both from a professional and personal perspective. For the moment, it's only the pre-courses and not all the class is present (only those who are not bilingual in spanish, which means probably around 70% of the class), but I can already say that there are a lot of great people and that we're not going to get bored during the next 2 years. Emilie is having fun and I'm really glad she is so easy going. She is also having spanish courses but she is with exchange students from other MBAs such as Kellogg, Tuck and so on.

I will try to post some pictures from our flat soon.
I've been a bit long since my last post. I'll try to keep you updated sooner next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home